Meet the Authors & Filmmakers! Premiere, June 20!
It's that time of year again when StudioSTL proudly introduces its newest crop of young writers-turned-published authors. After a year of pencil scratching, tightly-knitted brows, and mouth twisting, StudioSTL, with our digital/media arts partner, Studio-E, proudly brings you our 5th Annual Premiere Party to celebrate young authors and filmmakers.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Centene Center for Arts & Education, Grand Center
Please join us as we:
- Screen SIX new videos by teen filmmakers about the Grand Center Arts District, all to be added to our one-and-only St. Louis Storymap.
- Launch the very first edition of The Scribblers & Scribes Review, a collection of writing by our youngest writers and thinkers, ages 6 to 10.
- Celebrate teen writers who will be on hand to sign the latest installment in the StudioSTL Anthology series: Walking with Skinned Knees.
- Applaud after-school writers who will launch, Super Dogs!, fictional accounts of powerful pooches dreamed up after visits from our friends at Stray Dog Rescue.
- Hablan espanol with our partners at the Southside Early Childhood Center as they share Our Food, Our Stories, a cookbook packed with years of family gatherings and recipes that connect this wonderful community through shared experience and story.
Snacks, beverages, and a good dose of triumph among a group of young writers, filmmakers, and thinkers who merit a little standing o. Admission is free and the evening is open to anyone who would love to put their hands together and applaud the power of ideas mixed with hard work.